- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 19:56
Banking and Insurance Industry, Bachelor Degree Program
FH Joanneum Gesellschaft mbH
Sonja Strohmer is a faculty member at the FH bachelor degree program for Banking and Insurance Industry. She was previously a research assistant working at the Department of Industrial Sociology at the University of Vienna on the topic of Foreign Direct Investments and industrial relations in Europe, which was also the topic of her Ph.D. thesis.
She was formerly working as a national reporter for the EU agency, European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (Eurofound) and as freelance researcher for the Working Life Research Center FORBA on the topics of Corporate Social Responsibility and working conditions in the Austrian business consultancy sector. During the Austrian EU Presidency in 2006, Strohmer worked as project manager at the Office of Science & Technology (OST) at the Embassy of Austria in Washington, DC, where her focus was on assisting in coordinating the EU presidency activities of the OST.
Strohmer studied sociology at the University of Vienna and at the Charles University in Prague. Her main focus was on economic sociology and the sociology of organizations.
- Giving Up Austrian Citizenship? No Way! (June 29, 2006)
- The OST's Program for the Austrian EU Presidency Continued... (June 29, 2006)
- US Satellite Campuses in the Middle East: Cross-Cultural Mediators or Missionary Outposts? (April 19, 2006)
- The OST's Program for the Austrian EU Presidency: Climate Change, Obesity, Education and Green Buildings (April 19, 2006)
Leadership Associate MeadWestvaco Richmond, Virginia Britt Childs Staley is a Leadership Associate at MeadWestvaco, currently in…