- Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 20:59
Attaché for Science & Technology, Director of the OST
Office of Science & Technology
Embassy of Austria
Philipp Marxgut has been accredited as Austria's Attaché for Science & Technology to both the USA and Canada since July 2007.
He served at the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology from 2005 to 2007 in the Directorate for Innovation where he mainly dealt with European and International R&D Policy. Prior to that, he worked in the Office of the Special Coordinator of the Stability Pact for South-Eastern Europe and the European Commission in Brussels, was a Research Assistant at the University of Innsbruck and an Intern in the Office of the Austrian Foreign Trade Commissioner in Casablanca.
Marxgut studied law and political science at the University of Innsbruck and the Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris, earned a Master at the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna and complemented his studies with courses in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Moscow.
- ABA Roadshow 2012 (May 25, 2012)
- The National Science Board’s Policy Recommendations to the Science & Engineering Indicators 2010 (April 21, 2010)
- “Better Policy, Better Science” – First Canadian Science Policy Conference Held in Toronto (December 21, 2009)
- Energy Frontier Research Centers: Tackling US Energy Challenges (July 17, 2009)
- Eugene Skolnikoff: the Pioneer of Science Diplomacy (December 22, 2008)
- Innovation Policy in the US – an Interview with Charles Wessner (October 16, 2008)
- From molecular biology to the box office – Eric Kandel’s In Search of Memory (June 30, 2008)