- Last Updated on Monday, 18 March 2013 17:47
EU Research Policy and Coordination
Austrian Federal Ministry for Science and Research
Martin Schmid is a member of Austrian Federal Ministry for Science and Research in EU Research Policy and Coordination. He was previously the Counselor for Science and Research at the Austrian Permanent Representation to the EU in Brussels.
His main expertise lies within European law and European research policy. Before going to Brussels in 2005, Schmid worked in the Ministry for Science and Research in Vienna, being responsible for coordination and legal matters concerning the EU Framework Programs and European R&D policy. Together with Franz Pichler, he was responsible for leading the negotiations on the 7th Research Framework Programme during the Austrian council presidency 2006.
Schmid holds a master’s degree in Law from the Karl-Franzens-University Graz, Austria.
- Common Strategic Framework for Research and Innovation 2014–2020: a First Outlook (April 18, 2011)
- Winds of Change in Brussels (July 14, 2010)
- "The Future Starts Today" - the European Research Council Celebrates its Autonomy (October 15, 2009)
- The Ljubljana Process – Gearing the ERA towards 2020 (April 10, 2009)
- The European Institute of Innovation and Technology: The Twin City Headquarters (April 28, 2008)
- Courting the Masterminds - the European Union's Efforts to Attract Researchers (September 28, 2007)
- The First Six Months of FP7 and an Outlook on the Portuguese EU Presidency (July 12, 2007)
- Green Paper on new perspectives for the European Research Area - a new attempt to overcome the fragmentation of Europe's research landscape (April 16, 2007)
- European Institute of Technology - more of the same or a promising tool to fight the European innovation paradox? (December 2006)
- Letter from Brussels, (September, 2006)
- The Seventh Framework Program – Europe’s Next Step Toward the Lisbon Goals (October 5, 2004)