- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 16:32
Austrian Federal Ministry of Economics and Labor
Christian Hederer serves as an economist at the Austrian Federal Ministry of Economics and Labor, spending July to September 2006 at the Office of Science & Technology (OST) as a Visiting Expert.
His main field is European economic policy, with an emphasis on the Lisbon Strategy for Growth and Development, research and innovation policy, and labor market policy. Before coming to the Ministry, Hederer was a research and teaching assistant for economics at Witten/Herdecke University, Germany, for three years. He continues to be active in both teaching and research, focusing on the economic analysis of institutions, evolutionary economics, political economy, and social inequality. His Ph.D. dissertation project on political entrepreneurship is ongoing.
Hederer holds master's degrees in both law and economics from the University of Vienna and attended two years of graduate level courses in economics at the University of California at Berkeley and the Institute of Advanced Studies, Vienna.
- Introducing Günter Wagner: Evolution as a Creative Intellectual Endeavor (September, 2006)
- Helga Kromp-Kolb: When Science Goes Public (September, 2006)
- Re$earch Re$ources: Life Sciences Austria (LISA) (September, 2006)
- An Interview with Hubert Christian Ehalt: Science Policy Report of the City of Vienna (September, 2006)